19-21 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 07:01 PM

For those of you with this yr Tundra , is it possible to just remove either the 1/3 or 2/3 section of the rear seat? Also, I see the antenna is rear centre of the cab. Do you re-locate it? Thanks.

#2 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2023 - 07:04 PM

The entire rear seat comes out as one piece in my 2019 double cab. Which I did to create a platform with underneath storage. Did not move the antenna.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#3 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:34 AM

Thanks AWG. Once the seat is removed is there any kind of "sound deadening " left behind it? My Chev seat is a pain to remove and then I have to line the back with a kind of insulation or it's way too noisy. 

#4 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 February 2023 - 04:05 PM

There is a thin floor covering in the back, which I left in place. Honestly, after I built the platform, I did not notice any sound issues. The sound muffling likely increases when we load up all our stuff before a trip.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#5 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:34 AM

I have a '19 Double cab and was able to remove just the 2/3 seat out when I first purchased the truck. On my Tundra there is a bracket between the seats that each seat bolts onto independent of each other. The 1/3 seat remained fully functional but after 2 years of never using it I decided to pull it off as well.

Edited by Ronin, 14 February 2023 - 12:39 AM.

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#6 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the replies. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users